Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Letter 1- Grandma

Dear Grandma,

I wish you had an e-mail address so I could write you weekly updates about what I'm doing and tell you how much I miss you! Have I ever told you, you're my favorite grandma? It's Lent now, and instead of giving something up like chocolate or ice cream, I decided to write a letter everyday to the people in my life that I'm thankful for. And you, of course, without a doubt, are one of those people! I know that I don't get to see you everyday or talk to you very much, but I want you to know how much I truly adore you and love you. Grandma, you have filled my heart with so many wonderful memories! One time, when I was about 9 years old, you took me to the dollar store to pass time while Mom and Mike golfed at Midlothian Country Club and you bought me a hairbrush that I still have today! I keep that brush in my car for hair emergencies! What would I do without that hairbrush?! You used to also take me to McDonald's to eat cheeseburgers, fries and coke and then play in the "fun zone" after (you know, the place with all the tubes that kids crawl in). And the best memory of all are the card games that we played! You even gave me a book of card games because you wanted me to keep my mind full of different, awesome card games! We played rummy, UNO, 31, Go Fish, Egyptian Ratschrew...so many games! You taught me everything I know about cards and made me in to an awesome player. If I played poker for money, I would be very rich.

I hope you are doing well in your apartment. I should be there in a few months to visit and see you. We can go to Portillo's to get some good food, too! I hope that this summer you come stay with mom, dad and I in Ohio because we love having you out there! You can sit on the porch outside to watch the birds at the bird feeder while sipping your Miller Lite at 5 pm. Then watch Two and a Half Men with dad every night. I know you love your own room, too. Rosie doesn't like it much because as you know, she walks in, sees you, then walks out, like you stole her space or something. But it's funny and I'd rather her sleep in my bedroom anyways :)

I know I didn't call but I also wanted to say Happy Belated Birthday! You turned 91 in February! That is such an incredible thing! You've made it so far in life and you're healthy and doing well. I hope that I get to see you very soon and I miss you very much. Thanks for being such a wonderful grandma and teaching me so much about life. You are beautiful and I hope that when I'm a grandma, I can be as cool and fun as you.

I love you,
Kaitlin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment