Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lenten Season

So, this Lenten Season I decided to do something, rather than give something up. Over the past couple years, I have given up pop and chocolate and ice cream and more pop but this year I thought it would be nice to help others, or make others feel good. One of my roomies and I were surfing the web and she found an idea: write a letter everyday (a total of 40 letters) to the people that have affected your life (or are still doing so today) or your are grateful for. I immediately LOVED this idea. And so that's what I'm going to do. I made a list of 40 people in my life that I'm thankful for and I'm going to write them all letters telling them this and how they have affected me in one way or another. As you can imagine, my list consists of mostly family, relatives and close friends, but there are a few people on there that are not who I immediately would've thought. It's not that hard to think of 40 people, surprisingly. I got to about 28 before I needed my roommate to give me ideas. You try! Think of your family, friends, co-workers, old coaches, teachers, past away friends or family...anyone! Even someone famous! Haha who knows... you don't have to send them either. So this Lenten season I will be blogging everyday, 40 letters, one letter a day. It will be my challenge. A challenge for me to make something a priority in my life that is important and to make others feel good just by making them aware of the difference they are making in others' lives.


Follow me in my journey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment