Monday, January 30, 2012

Thinking about the future a bit...

Hmm... what does the future have in store for me? So many possibilities! It's weird... I can do anything I want. The power is in my hands :) That's quite a thrilling thought.


I can do whatever I want! YEs!


Just repeat it...


I can do whatever I want...
I can do whatever I want...


I am in control of my own life...


That's not something I ever acknowledge but tonight when I was doing SO many things while constantly struggling with reoccurring thoughts... this all came to me.


When I'm older, I want to be happy! I want to be in love, have a wonderful, close-knit family, lots of pets, family vacations, a wonderful writing job that makes me happy and I want to live somewhere warm. I want to take annual or biannual romantic trips with my husband and go out with my girlfriends weekly! I still want to go to clubs and dance, go for runs in the park, swim and lay out in the sun, read lots of books and stay up late watching movies by myself :) 
And you know what the best part is? I can do all this...


But for now, I am going to continue to be a college student. I will hangout with my best girlfriends, laugh, be irresponsible, and just plain enjoy life.


I was on the phone with one of my girlfriends tonight and she was telling me how stressed she is. She's taking 21 credit hours, the Philanthropy chair for her sorority, raising money for a hearing dog, trying to sustain a relationship with her boyfriend 4 hours away, running track for her university and all while maintaining a social life. It really sounds like too much, something I could never take on. I wouldn't be able to deal with all the stress. My happiness and social life is too important to me to take on so much that I'm busy all the time. But I used to be like her and this is the way she likes her life best. So more props to her. But my one line of advice was..." Just make sure you're enjoying life."


Cause that's what it's all about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment